Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chamois Butt'r, where have you been all my life?



Every so often, you encounter one of life's simple conveniences. And with all this new and crazy stuff I'm diving into, I've found there to be an array of items that make the swimming, biking and running that much more enjoyable and manageable (especially when the going gets tough).

Throughout the season, I'll spotlight a product or gadget that I trust to carry with me on the Ironman journey. Today, I'd like to give honorable mention to.... Chamois Cream, or "Butt'r", if you prefer. The beauty behind this product is that it makes for a significantly more comfortable ride on the bike (and note, I haven't even sat on my bike for very long yet, and can still appreciate its effects). Without going into too much personal detail, Chamois Butt'r shares common ingredients with skin moisturizers and reduces friction and the discomfort level while sitting on the bike saddle ~ which especially comes in handy for the longer rides.

I make special mention of this gem because as I'm just learning to get comfortable on my bike seat, it only took me an hour of spinning yesterday, after throwing a little chamois into the shorts, that it does make a difference! As I've found during my minimal cycling experience, you gotta take care down there, and what better way to do so than with a little butter for your udder? (that one's for you, Cori.)

2 comments: